Back End Developer
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsDevelopment
We're not your average startup. We started from the ground up, bootstrapping our way to millions in revenue (in an already over-saturated market) and now just within two years, we are ranked 54th out of the world's 474 fast-growing bootstrapped software companies published by Latka Magazine… It’s like the “Inc500” list but only for Bootstrapped SaaS companies….and we continue to grow fast!
LIFE AT EXPANDI
We could go on and on about how we're the most fantastic place to work, that you'll have a great time here with all your new friends. But what's really important is that this organization has ambitious goals and sets lofty aspirations for its people
We want our employees to be better than they were yesterday. We believe in investing in them so they can grow into who they are meant to be; because of this, there will always be something meaningful going on at the company--projects worth working hard for.
And even if it sounds like I'm bragging about us too much...at least, when you send someone an email from work or grab some water out of the fridge (yep - our water bottle), you know where it came from!
We think that at the end of the day, it's people who matter. And we are a company made up of people; you don't need to be from Stanford or have an MBA to rise through our ranks and make your mark. We're looking for talented individuals with ambition, drive, and dedication -no pedigree required!
OUR OFFER TO YOU
Fair pay - We try our best to be the best we can and put our people first. Therefore we try to give everyone a fair, competitive salary. Your package will be composed of a solidly fixed salary and a nice variable package. It is our philosophy to reward you for your performance, if you do well for Expandi, you should benefit and get rewarded!
Growth potential - Let us know what your interests are and what you need to grow your skills
and knowledge and we’ll take care of it. It is in our interest to make sure you keep developing yourself so we are keen to stimulate you in your career development within Expandi.
Healthy work-life balance - You have a life outside of work. That life always comes first. Too hot to focus? Head to the pool, and work in the evening.
All ideas welcome - We don’t really do hierarchy. So if you have a great idea, you’re always free to bring it to the table. And to bring it to life.
Fun-loving work-family - Let’s face it: when you join us, you’ll be spending a lot of time with us. Luckily we’re all super fun. And fun-loving.
Do you love developing quality features for real clients and solving complex challenges involving scaling up? Did you always want to work with an amazing development team?
Working at Expandi as a backend developer can be challening. On a day-to-day basis you need to figure out and adapt to changes, write scalable-, quality-, and maintainable code. Your monthly work will consist 50% of the time working on fixing bugs, issues and 50% on creating new features and product improvements.
As a Back-End Developer you are responsible for maintaining the back-end services of the application and adding new, tested features to improve and scale the Expandi platform.
·Discussing, developing, and deploying new features and versions of the back-end application.
· Compiling and analyzing data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identifying areas for improvement and scalability of the platform.
· Participating in Scrums/Sprints to establish objectives and writing functional codes to enhance the user experience.
· Ensuring the code is valid, properly structured & tested.
· Identifying issues discovered by testing and feedback from internal and external stakeholders and making suggestions for sustainable improvements.
· Solving bugs to optimize performance of the Expandi Platform.
· Documenting coding and implementing procedures for ongoing application revision and maintenance.
· Developing ideas for improving the Expandi platform by monitoring customer needs and industry trends & developments
· Executing strategic back-end development projects on request of the Lead Developer.
Requirements and skills:
· You have a very good sense and analytical insight in problem solving.
· You have knowledge on Web Development, Web Services and DBMS technology.
· You have the experience in writing quality unit tests.
· You are aware of security concerns and making suggestions to reduce vulnerability of the Expandi platform.
· You have a ' can -do ' mentality and you get energy from challenges and finding solutions.
· You have an entrepreneurial mindset and like to roll up your sleeves to get work done.
· You are pragmatic and between all the different wishes you stay focused, and you know how to prioritize the requirements to achieve the product roadmap objectives.
· You can deal with every stakeholder because you can communicate personally and effectively.
· You have the ability to find technical solutions for the needs of our customers together with the development team.
· You take responsibility and have the guts to decide and are not satisfied until you have achieved your goals.
· 2 years of experience with programming language Python (preferably Django framework)
· Experience with relational databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
· Experience with virtualization/containerization platforms (Docker / Kubernetes / Docker Swarm)
· Experience with version control (Git / GitLab)
· Experience with continuous integration / development (CI / CD)
· Experience working on complex SaaS applications
· Experience with analyzing and tuning database queries